(FAQ) Frequently asked questions about jail operations
1. What time are jail visitation hours?
Inmates are assigned certain areas in the jail. Depending on their location determines what date and time they can have visitors. All cell blocks are color coded. Visitation schedule is as follows:
Saturdays 9:00 AM till 11:00 AM Rust Pod and Holding cells
Saturdays 1:00 PM till 3:00 PM Yellow Pod and Women's Pod
Sundays 9:00 AM till 11:00 AM Blue Pod
Sundays 1:00 PM till 3:00 PM Green Pod
All other visits must be approved by Jail Administrator or Sheriff
2. What property can I bring inmates?
You can bring inmates the following property within the first 24 hours of their incarceration.
- 3 white t-shirts with no print
- 3 pr white underwear or boxers with no print
- 3 pr white socks with no print
- 1 pr athletic gym shorts with no string or pockets
- 1 set of white thermal tops and bottoms
- 3 white sports bra for women (no wire)
- Cash money and money orders. NO PERSONAL CHECKS.
All magazines and books must be sent in the mail from the publisher. All Bibles and religious books will be provided by the jail.
After the first 24 hours has passed inmates are only allowed to receive money on Wednesday's at the downstairs lobby window from 8:00 AM till 4:00 PM.
3. How do inmates make calls?
All jail locations have phones. The phone system is run by PAYTEL. All calls are collect. Family and friends can call 1-800-PAYTELL (1-800-729-8355) to set up service to a phone. Also, inmates have the option to purchase phone cards on wednesday's.
4. What is the mailing address to write inmates?
P.O. Box 1156
Roxboro, NC 27573