The purpose of this organization shall be to maintain an association of persons interested in books and libraries; to focus attention on and to stimulate public interest in library services, facilities, and needs; to stimulate gifts of books, magazines, endowments, and bequests; and to encourage increased usage of the library facilities and service.
Who are the Friends?
Friends of the Person County Public Library are people from all walks of life and of all ages who share a common belief that a good public library is a valuable community asset that must be nourished and supported...
With your help, Friends of the Person County Public Library, Inc. can continue to:
- Encourage growth and progress in Person County's library
- Make direct gifts to the library system
- Create public support and awareness of the library's program
- Produce a quarterly newsletter
Pick up an enrollment form at Person County Public Library today:
319 South Main Street
Roxboro, NC 27573
These volunteers support our library in the following ways:
- Develop and sponsor library programs, community-interest programs, special events, children’s and teen programs.
- Promote awareness of library services and programs in the community
- Raise funds through book sales, membership drives and tote bag sales
- Encourage gifts and contributions to the library
- Sponsor the Person County Library Book Club The Book Bunch (click on the link to see Library Book Club's meeting dates and books for 2013.)
As a Friend
Members of the Friends of the Person County Library will:
- Receive a copy of our newsletter, to keep you informed of special events and ways you can be an active supporter of your library
- Gain early entry to our Semi - Annual Book Sales
- Have the pleasure of helping others benefit from popular library programs
News and Updates from the Friends of the Library
The spring book sale generated approximately $2,500.
We voted to give the library $5000 for e-book collection expansion and for library needs that may arise.
We have “Person County Public Library” aprons for sale. They are dark blue w/white lettering and can be purchased at the library for $10 each.