The goal of the Child Support Enforcement Program is to ensure that children receive financial support from parents.
NC Child Support Enforcement offers assistance in the areas of:
- location of absent parent,
- paternity establishment for children born outside of marriage,
- establishment of support obligations,
- collection and distribution of support, and
- enforcement of support obligations.
Services are available to anyone who is responsible for a child regardless of income. Families who receive Work First Assistance are automatically referred to the Child Support Agency. If you do not receive public assistance, you may apply for services at the local Child Support office by completing an application and paying an application fee or by requesting an application be mailed to you by calling 1-800-992-9457.
More information is available regarding child support from the following sources:
Phone: Customer Service Center 1-800-992-9457 or 336-599-8361