Recycling is a process that allows materials that are considered to be waste to be collected and reprocessed into a new commodity. The benefits of recycling are enormous. Here are a few:
- It brings down the need for raw materials which helps preserve our natural resources.
- It helps eliminate waste, which effects the natural environment negatively.
- It helps reduce pollution caused by waste. Rubbish releases harmful chemicals and greenhouse gasses.
- It relieves the burden on land as it helps in clearing the spaces filled by waste.
- It produces jobs that will help individuals and the overall economy.
- It requires much less energy than that required by fresh manufacturing.
- It can save communities money.
- PLEASE DON'T BAG YOUR RECYCLABLES - Plastic bags are the #1 contaminant in recycling centers, causing equipment malfunctions and costly repairs.