PERSON COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY 319 S. MAIN STREET ROXBORO, NC 27573
• Any resident of Person, Caswell and Orange Counties or a non-resident taxpaying property owner is eligible to register for borrowing privileges at Person County Public Library.
• To register, a resident must show a photo ID (NC driver’s license is preferred) bearing his or her current address
• If the identification does not bear the current local address, a piece of mail postmarked within the last 30 days (e.g. utility bill), an electronic statement or an official document must also be shown to verify county residency
• If the patron is new in the county and has an out-of-state driver’s license, he or she will need to show both a photo ID and proof of a local address (see above)
• Non-residents who own property or a business and pay property taxes in Person County must show a photo ID and a current property tax bill. Non-residents who are employed in Person County and provide proof of employment are eligible for a library card.
• Children (0-16 years) residing in Person, Caswell, and Orange Counties may have their own cards provided that proof of residency is established. Parents or legal guardians may apply for library cards for minors under the age of 16. Young adults age 16 & up may get a card if they have valid photo ID and proof of address. Parents and legal guardians are responsible for materials.
• Families are encouraged to register all family members who will be using the library. The Library prefers that each patron use his or her own card to check out library materials.
• People who reside outside of Person, Caswell, or Orange County may purchase borrowing privileges for an annual fee of $25. Out of state residents may purchase borrowing privileges for an annual fee of $75. The card will be good for one year from the date of payment.
• Employees of Person County government (including teachers in the local public schools) may receive a card for free regardless of their county of residence upon presentation of proof of employment (e.g. county ID).
Caswell and Orange County residents are eligible to register for a library card at Person County Public Library for the period of July 1, 2012 through June 30, 2017 through the Memorandum of Understanding approved by the Board of County Commissioners on 2/23/12 upon the dissolution of the Hyconeechee Regional Library System.
Approved by the Library Advisory Board 8/6/2018.