MEETING ROOM USE POLICY
As a public institution dedicated to the free expression and free access to ideas presenting points of view concerning problems and issues of our times, meeting rooms and exhibit space are available on equal terms for lawful activities of all groups and person in the community, regardless of their beliefs or affiliations.
- The Person County Public Library maintains meeting facilities for public use. The right of individuals to use the Meeting Room will not be denied or abridged because of race, religion, national origin, or social or political views. Permission to use the facilities does not constitute an endorsement by the Library staff, the Library Board, or the County Commissioners.
- The meeting Room has a seating capacity of 60. The room is equipped with a television and DVD player. The serving of light, non-alcoholic refreshments such as coffee, tea, soft drinks, etc. is permitted.
- The Library Meeting Room is intended for library programs. When it is not needed for library programs or county sponsored activities, it may be made available to non-profit community organizations at no cost. All programs must be open to the public at no charge. Nothing may be sold or no profit made by groups using the Meeting Room. No fees, dues, or donations may be charged or solicited by the user. The Meeting Room is not for individual use and it is not to be used for private social functions.
- Reservations may be made by groups up to 90 days prior to the use of the facility. The Meeting Room is not intended to be monopolized as a meeting place or base of operation by any group or organization.
- The Meeting Room may be used only during normal hours of library operation. (Monday – Thursday from 9:00am to 6:00 pm, Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm and Saturday from 10:00am to 4:00pm). Groups using the Meeting Room are required to finish and clear the room 15 minutes before closing time.
- Groups using the meeting room will be expected to exercise normal care in protecting the facilities and library property. The room and equipment should be left in the order and condition in which they were found.
- Meeting room bookings for children and young adult groups must be made by an adult. The adult must be present and responsible for proper care of the room while it is in use.
- A representative of the group must have a library card and be in good standing and check in at the circulation desk before they are allowed to use the room.
- The Library should be notified immediately if cancellation of a Meeting Room reservation is necessary. The Library also reserves the right to cancel any reservation at any time and will give as much notification as possible.
- Any group not adhering to these policies will be denied use of the Library Meeting Room in the future.
- Exceptions to these regulations will be considered at the discretion of the Library Director or Assistant Library Director.
Approved by the Person County Board of County Commissioners 8/6/12