POLICY ON THE USE OF LIBRARY MEETING ROOMS AND EXHIBIT SPACE
As a public institution dedicated to the free expression and free access to ideas presenting points of view concerning problems and issues of our times, meeting rooms and exhibit space are available on equal terms for lawful activities of all groups and persons in the community, regardless of their beliefs or affiliations.
PROCEDURES GOVERNING THE USE OF
LIBRARY MEETING ROOMS AND EXHIBIT SPACE
1. Meeting rooms and exhibit space may be used any time they are available. If the usage will occur when the library is closed, special arrangements must be made to pick up the key. A Library card/registration is required for booking the room.
2. All programs shall be free. No fees, dues, or donations may be charged or solicited for any programs or exhibit. Activities of a strictly business or commercial nature are excluded from gallery use.
3. All programs all exhibits shall be open to the public, or shall be of community nature.
4. Booking is a on a first come, first served basis. No group my reserve meeting rooms, exhibit space continuously for the same time if such reservation regularly denies other groups use of rooms, or exhibit.
5. Meeting rooms and exhibit space may be booked no more than (90) days in advance.
6. Programs and exhibits may not disrupt the use of the library by others and no amplifiers are permitted.
7. Library facilities shall be left in a clean and orderly condition. Users shall pay the cost for repair of any damage to facilities. The library will exercise reasonable caution to protect materials; equipment and exhibits left in the building, but will not be responsible for loss or theft.
8. Permission to use library facilities is not an endorsement by the library of the user or the user’s beliefs.
9. Use of the meeting rooms at times other than during regular library hours may; be possible under certain conditions and circumstances.
(updated October 20, 2002)