Before requesting a Commercial Permit, please have the following information available:
- 2 Complete sets of plans with a NC Building Code Summary Sheet to Inspections Dept & a Site plan (if your project is in the City you will also need to submit 1 set of plans to the Roxboro Fire Department and 1 set to the City Planning Director for review.)
***You may bring them all to Inspections Dept for us to distribute.***
- General Information Sheet
- Completed Building Application with All Signatures of Contractors & a completed Application for Commercial Land Use.
- Contact County Planning & Zoning at 336-597-1750 for projects in the County
- Contact City Planning & Zoning at 336-597-0570 ext. 3309 for projects in the City
- Contact Environmental Health at 336-597-1790(Depending on the type of project, they department may need a plan for review)
- Download and print out the Commercial Application HERE. Also, please view the 2012 building code summary. If you have any questions about filling out the form, please contact the Inspections Dept. at 336-597-0570.
- Submit the completed Application with 4 sets of plans, and the site plan, to our offices at 325 S. Morgan St. Suite A- Roxboro, NC 27573.
- Your application will be accepted or rejected and you will be notified by the inspector or permit tech. This entire process will take approximately 15-20 business days.
- During the Plan Review stage, you should be in contact with the other departments obtaining their approval for your project. If location of the property is outside the city limits, you will need approval & permits from Person County Planning & Zoning and/or Environmental Health. If location of property is within the city limits, you will need approval and permits from City of Roxboro Planning and Zoning.
- If your application is rejected, then your next step is to provide us the changes or additional information that we need to reprocess the application.
If your Plans are Rejected a 2nd plan review will have to be done. Allow time in your schedule for this, you will not be able to get your permit at the same time you bring in the Corrected plans.
- Once you have approval from All Departments your Building permit can be issued.