Electrical - Saw Service
1. Make sure you are ready for inspection.
2. Minimum requirement for overhead clearance met.
3. Pole securely braced in both directions.
4. Riser supported at proper intervals.
5. Boxes rainproof, (3R) type, fittings weather tight, knockout openings plugged.
6. Outlets must be weather resistant type.
7. Proper overcurrent protection for wire size, breaker same make as panel.
8. All circuits (including 240v.) must be GFCI protected.
9. Ground rod and conductor proper length and size, clamp installed.
Electrical - Rough Inspections
1. Building is in the dry
2. All boxes are installed, all wire is pulled, wire inside boxes trimmed to length.
3. Minimum of two small appliance circuits with separate circuit for built in microwave, if applicable.
4. Separate laundry and bath circuits.
5. Required outlet spacing met, especially at balconies.
6. Grade level accessible outlets installed at front and rear of house, and on porches greater than 20 square feet.
7. Grounding conductors in boxes connected with wire nuts or crimps.
8. Metal boxes bonded, boxes not overfilled.
9. Smoke detector boxes located correctly.
10. Fan boxes properly mounted.
11. All wiring is protected (1-1/4” from face of stud or metal plates installed)
12. All NM cable is supported within 12” of box, 2 wires max under a cable staple, not stapled on edge.
13. Cable sheathing intact to inside of box.
14. Cables not damaged by other trades.
15. Two cables through firestopped hole maximum or use derating schedule.
Electrical - Finals
1. All work is complete- equipment properly installed and connected.
2. All materials and equipment – third party listed and labeled.
3. Meter base installed and secure to structure.
4. Two ground rods installed at least 6 feet apart, one continuous conductor.
5. All panels and meters meet minimum working clearances.
6. All overcurrent protection is installed and properly labeled.
7. All conductors properly identified in boxes.
8. Grounds and neutrals properly separated.
9. All metal parts bonded.
10. Service disconnects provided where required. (unless<25’ from and in sight of panel)
11. All Arc-fault Breakers installed where required. (Lights & receptacles)
12. All fixtures are installed properly and grounded.
13. All devices and covers are completely installed.
14. Exterior equipment properly protected, sealed; WR type outlets, rainproof boxes used.
15. GFCI protection where required and working properly.
16. TR type outlets used in dwellings and accessory buildings.
17. Proper continuity/ polarity on all devices.
18. Minimum lighting fixture clearance met in clothes closets.
Mechanical - Rough Inspections
1. Pressure test on gas line – min 10 pounds.
2. Gas line adequate size for BTU’s and length.
3. Gas lines properly protected, supported, no concealed unions.
4. Access path to equipment –20 feet max. unless 6’ or more in height, unobstructed.
5. Service space 30” x 30” in front of equipment.
6. Service opening –22” x 30” min must allow removal of equipment.
7. Attic - catwalk at least 24” wide.
8. Adequate combustion and ventilation air provided.
9. Clearance to combustibles provided per code.
10. Floor boots installed and sealed
11. Air returns installed and sealed, draftstopped.
12. Ducts draftstopped where they penetrate floor or ceiling.
13. Dryer duct installed, hardpipe, proper length.
14. Bath fans ducted to outside, properly sealed with listed product.
15. Prefab fireplaces completely installed, firestopped, proper clearances.
16. Chimneys and vents – clearance above roof.
17. Flex duct – must be protected. (e.g. not in a closet)
Mechanical - Final Inspections
1. Gas appliances – shutoff located in same room.
2. CSST – electrically bonded.
3. Air handler – heat kit marked, installation instructions on site.
4. Equipment converted to propane or natural gas and labeled.
5. Gas piping labeled.
6. Duct and boxes properly supported and sealed.
7. Condensate piping supported, sloped, run to outside, trapped per manufacturer.
8. Condensate pumps wired to shut down unit in case of failure.
9. Flex duct and air handler - at least 4” clearance from crawlspace floor.
10. Unobstructed path to equipment provided.
11. Clearance to combustibles provided per code.
12. Dryer vent termination – at least 12” above grade.
13. Holes in foundation wall sealed.
14. Closed crawlspaces – no fuel burning appliances unless direct vent type.
15. CO detectors installed in all new homes and where fuel burning appliances are installed or replaced.
1. Altering or building structures without permits
2. Fire blocking missing.
3. Clean and grade crawl space.
4. Headroom on stairs.
5. Support of valley rafters.
6. Studs and joists over notched.
7. Notched Girders.
8. Double joist or studs missing at load bearing points.
9. Anchor bolts missing.
10. Girder truss nailed improperly.
11. Bracing on trusses not per engineer’s specifications.
12. Flashing missing or not installed properly on slabs.
13. Footing on soft ground or not to correct depth
14. Footing steel not properly placed
15. Foundation drain improperly installed
16. Improper header sizes
17. Point loads improperly carried
18. Collar ties not installed
19. Improper stair construction
20. Deck not properly braced.
21. Deck bolts missing, wrong size, or not spaced properly.
22. Handrails improperly constructed
23. Tempered glass at tub/ showers
24. Grading around foundation
25. No railing on porches over 30” above grade
1. Pressure test not at 100 PSI
2. Caulking around tub and shower valves on ceramic tile.
3. Supports either insufficient in numbers or installation of d.w.v. and water piping.
4. Hose bibbs loose.
5. Tub/Shower valves not supported.
6. Fiberglass tubs not properly fastened to studs.
7. Vent pipes not extended through the roof 6 inches.
8. Main water shut off not within 3 feet of crawl space access
9. Improper slope on drain lines
10. Nail plates missing
11. Improper Fire caulking or missing
12. Rodent proofing around tub
13. Studs over drilled at washer box.